Thursday, March 1, 2012

Bourbon Brownies w/Rum Caramel Ganache

       Pictured above, had me at Bourbon and baking with booze.  This is something you can make and thoroughly impress yourself and others, I'm talking major swooning here.  The hardest part is resisting seconds, cause the first one was that good, yeah I still want seconds.  I got the idea from this lady's blog and altered the recipe slightly to fit my needs.  Her don't waste your time making it totally from scratch, is what I call brilliant.  Simply sub your favorite Bourbon for water and viola!  The rum ganache is kinda the best part, I'd make it again and drizzle it all over ice cream and such, I added a touch of sea salt on top and pow!  Double swoon.

Recipe as follows: 
  • Box of Ghirardelli Double Choc. Brownie Mix 
  • Sub Bourbon for water on Box Recipe 
  • Bake at 350
Caramel/Butterscotch Ganache
  • 6 tablespoons Heavy Cream
  • 3 tablespoons Butter
  • 2 teaspoons Rum
  • 3 oz Caramels unwrapped
  • 3 oz Butterscotch 
Melt Butter & cream together till they're almost boiling.  Poor over Caramels and Butterscotch Chips in glass measuring cup, stir.  Finish melting in Microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute, till completely melty. 

Make sure brownie is warm and drizzle your Ganache on top, add whip or vanilla ice cream and sprinkle sea salt for a magical experience!  

No comments:

Post a Comment