Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Cheese Review: 1,000 Day Gouda

    Cheese, it's one of the most delicious things in the world, it pairs with things I love like beer and wine, and is my bestie on picnics.  I've never been a Gouda girl, I'm one of those double cream bleu cheese+honey or getting down with Brie and a baguette kinda girl, until now.  Every time I'm in Trader Joes I peruse the cheese section, making sure they haven't sprung any new Spotlight Cheeses without me knowing and chatting it up with the sample gents, usually with me saying "oh I haven't tried this one yet, any chance we could open it?"  They reply with a generous, "Of Course!"  Which is absolutely the best, that's how I found this. 

   Aged for a whopping 1,000 days, it naturally forms these magical cheese crystals and with that crystallization comes mad flavor.  This cheese is mature, slightly caramely, a touch of nuttiness, and a true standout to any cheese plate.  It's in my top cheeses of all time, so go get some and swoon with me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment