Monday, January 31, 2011

Autumn Tree



Sunshine withered through the trees,
as I laid next to my lover one autumn day.
Deep in his eyes, I saw the world before me,
the still shots of life that had yet begun.

A slideshow of love, legacy, and death.
Only with compassion and understanding,
can I live in fulfillment today.
Welcoming the sea changes and turning of tides.

Changing seasons brought us closer,
as we yearned for that of the same.
Opportunity to get lost in one another,
and someday share our name.

One day the music in my heart will die,
and my lover will be with me.
Nothing will be more beautiful,
than what we both created and left behind.

Leaves fall from the tree upon us,
as we hold each other close.
With the setting of the sun,
I never loved you more.

No comments:

Post a Comment